Total Pageviews

Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015









Christmas 2015
This week, leading up to Christmas, is very busy. Fortunately, not of races to buy the last gifts, no lights or anything, but of events more significant!
Sunday, December 20th we opened the Jubilee here in our parish. Preceded by two days of preparation, with catechesis and many confessions, the Sunday turned to be a solemn one. Large crowd gather in front of the church, and at 8:30 we bless the Holy Door and open it up. Men, women, youth, children go through this sign of Grace and Mercy of God.
On Tuesday I leave Bozoum to accompany Alessio, Paolo and Stefano to Bangui. They have to go back to Italy. After 400 km we arrive to the capital. The afternoon we keep busy in in meetings and going around for errands. The next day I begin my return home going through the “km 5”, a predominantly Muslim neighborhood, the scene of clashes and tensions. Compared to a few months ago, the destroyed houses have grown in number, and the desolation is remarkable. I see very few people, no cars. In front of the Central Mosque, which Pope Francis visited on November 30, I stop to buy bread. To the young muslim who sells it to me I ask how is the situation. And with bright eyes he tells me that, after the Pope's visit, it is much better.
Back in Bozoum I deal with the final preparations for Christmas. I listen to confessions, I work around some cribs, and then I keep busy with few stuff for Christmas meal (panettone, lasagna, etc. everything very handy).
Thursday night we anticipate midnight Mass at 6.00 pm. plenty of kids and so many people. Echo in my heart the words of St. Augustine: "Having an only Son, God made him son of man, and so vice versa made son of the man a child of God.
Look for the merit, the cause, the justice of this, and see if you find anything other than divine gift. "
Merry Christmas









Presepe al Camel di Bangui
Crèche du Carmel à Bangui

Presepe al Camel di Bangui
Crèche du Carmel à Bangui

Presepe al Camel di Bangui
Crèche du Carmel à Bangui


Auguri da Gauthier
Joyeux Noel de la part de Gauthier


No comments:

Post a Comment