Total Pageviews

Monday, January 18, 2016

Here I’m, finally.



scene normali sulle nostre strade


Here I’m, finally.
I apologize for my last week silence. I was traveling! I have been for almost a week in Italy, to celebrate a wedding and attend a meeting with other Carmelite Fathers in Arenzano (Genoa). Wednesday, January 6st, (after a quick visit to Baoro on my way to Bangui) I left for Casablanca, Morocco, and the next day I was in Turin. Here I met Fr. Giustino waiting for me. He is my Provincial Superior. He drove me to our convent of Santa Teresa, and after lunch he took me up to Cuneo. Here I greeted my family and some friends.
On Friday afternoon I went to Milan, to meet friends of Cassina Amata, and work a bit with Eugenio, the architect, about some changes to the extension project of the church of Bozoum. On Saturday morning I leave for Creta, a small village near Castel San Giovanni (PC). Today is the wedding day of Davide Stefanini and Alberta Santini: Davide has been in Central Africa for many years now, as well as Alberta. They work with various NGOs, and they give the best of themselves helping those in need with their own various projects and initiatives. I celebrate the Wedding in a small church but so beautiful. A great number of relatives were present with lots of friends. Most of them I have known in Central Africa, when they came visiting and working with us for longer or shorter periods. After lunch, organized in a lovely farmhouse, surrounded by items and pictures from Central Africa, (even the cake was themed!), I did go back to Cuneo.
On early Monday I travel towards Liguria. Around 7am I meet Emanuela, Alessandra etc., the family that is hosting Hyppolite for several months. I hug Hyppolite, who is on his way to follow the many legal practices. He looks much better and strengthened; thanks to the treatments, but also to the sport of fencing which he began some time ago. He seems to succeed very well! Long live Zorro! We have coffee together, and then I go in a hurry to Arenzano. Here I find thirty Brothers gathered for a Plenary Council, a meeting of Carmelites in which we discuss some aspects of our life. I’m here to present the situation of the Mission, especially after the visit of Pope Francis. In the afternoon I’m back to Cuneo, from where the following morning, Tuesday January 12, four of us leave: I, Paul Silvestro, Lia Milanesio and Massimiliano Botta, all natives of Cuneo and its surroundings! After a technical stop in Casablanca, we fly to Bangui, where we arrive on Wednesday at 7 am. Unfortunately some suitcases did not arrive.  After a meeting in the capital, on Thursday morning we travel toward Baoro and Bouar, where we arrive in the evening. The day after we held a meeting for the preparation of some projects with Caritas, and in the afternoon we are back on the roads for the last 250 km. At 7.15pm we finally reach Bozoum, just in time for dinner! We find Fr. Enrico and Fr.Norberto welcoming us, and after arranging our guests I go finally for a much needed rest.
See you again next week for the great agricultural fair in Bozoum!



il presepe di Santa Teresa a Torino
la crèche de notre eglise à Turin








sulla strada tra Bossemptele e Bozoum
sur la route entre Bossemptele et Bozoum

No comments:

Post a Comment